Wasted energy, high energy bills, and decreased comfort are the two top reasons homeowners contact us for a home energy assessment, also known as an energy audit, for their northern WI homes. Whether your home is older or more recently built, we can help you identify the targeted home energy improvements you need for energy bill savings and improved home health.
Plus, there are instant rebate programs available that can offset the cost of upgrading insulation, windows, and air sealing. KV Tech Construction is a Wisconsin home energy audit contractor and we are also a Focus on Energy Trade Ally that can take care of the needed home improvement work as well as the paperwork, providing you with instant, valuable rebates.
Energy Audits to Pinpoint Efficiency Upgrades
Our energy audit includes an array of tests and analyses to identify areas where your home could perform more efficiently and safely. After a visual inspection from roof to foundation, we’ll set up our building science diagnostic equipment to begin the testing. Some of the energy audit tests we will perform include:
- Blower Door Test — This powerful fan is fitted temporarily in an exterior doorway. When activated, the fan creates a negative pressure inside the building to measure air leakage.
- Infrared Camera Imaging — This allows us to “see” through walls and ceilings during blower door operation. The temperature differences show in bright colors where air leaks are allowing outside air is seeping in, and where insulation is missing or inadequate.
- Safety Check — We’ll check for gas leakage and analyze your combustion appliances to measure and ensure that dangerous carbon monoxide fumes are not escaping into your living areas.
- Air Flow Meter — This device measures ventilation and air flow in bath and kitchen fans to ensure a healthy exchange for improved indoor air quality.
Once the data is collected, we provide a complete report along with recommendations for ways to improve your home’s performance through a series of energy saving upgrades. This may include upgrading your attic insulation in order to prevent ice dams, or waterproofing your basement to prevent moisture and mold issues.
Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certified Energy Auditor
The Building Performance Institute (BPI) is the nation’s premier standards development and credentialing organization for residential energy auditing and upgrade work. Our trained and certified technicians use scientific analysis and specialized tools to measure your home’s energy efficiency and safety, and you can rest easy knowing that each and every one of our home energy auditors has a BPI certification. Our certifications all under two specializations:
- Building Analyst to understand the home’s systems, including HVAC, ventilation, and insulation, and how they work together.
- Envelope Professional focuses on the exterior of the home to ensure the highest energy efficiency.
Instant Energy Efficiency Improvement Rebates
As a Trade Ally for the Focus On Energy Whole Home Program, we can assist qualified homeowners to receive as much as $2,000 in instant rebates for upgrading their insulation, air sealing their home, and upgrading to efficient appliances. In the Ashland, WI area, gas or electricity customers of Xcel Energy can also qualify for an 80% matching grant for energy efficiency improvements.
For example, if your energy upgrades qualified for a $2,000 instant rebate through Focus on Energy, Xcel Energy’s program would add another $1,600 in rebates for the project. If you are looking for a home energy audit in Hayward, WI or for a home energy audit company in Eagle River, WI, don’t worry about the paperwork; we’ll take care of it all!
Is your home uncomfortable and expensive to heat? Call (715) 406-4442 or contact us for an energy audit & start saving energy.
Looking to get an annual check-up for your home’s performance?
Schedule an energy audit!
I was very pleased with KV Tech Construction. I have mentioned to my friends how professional everyone was. Showed up on time and cleaned up after the job was done. I would definitely have them again, if I need to. Thank you again!